Established in 1991, Capital Cruises is the largest all-electric boat fleet on the Highland Lakes. Nestled on the shores of beautiful Lady Bird Lake (formerly Town Lake) at the Hyatt Regency Hotel located on 208 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX, we are proud to offer lunch and dinner cruises, wedding events, internationally famous bat-watching excursions, party boat services, and the ultimate alternative for group and corporate outings.
Regular Season Hours
We are open: 10 am to dusk on Monday-Friday and 9 am to dusk on Saturday and Sunday for rentals. Private charters and catered events available anytime by reservation.
We are open: 10 am to ~1 hour before dusk for rentals. Private charters and catered events available anytime by reservation. Capital Cruises will be closed on the following days:
- November 14-16
- November 24
- December 24-26
Connect with Capital Cruises using Facebook or Twitter, and get insider information and special offers.
–Lady Bird Lake Cleanup: 2nd Saturday of every other month:
2020 dates are February 8,
April 11- Clean Sweep, June 13, August 8, October TBD, and December 12
Looking for that unique gift for any special occasion? Buy your Capital Cruises Gift Certificate here!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Boat Rules and Guidelines
- HAVE A GOOD TIME!
- The Captain has full authority at all times.
- We provide trash cans and will discard the trash for you after the cruise.
- We have clean, comfortable restrooms on board our larger boats
- We provide tables and chairs.
- Electricity availability varies on each boat. Call for details.
- Generators are available for rental.
- DJs must contact us for electricity needs.
- No cooking is allowed.
- SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED IN LADY BIRD LAKE
- Fireworks of any kind are prohibited in the city limits and on our vessels
- Do not use tape, staples or tacks.
- No pets or animals allowed except service animals.
- We provide a stereo/CD player on all boats with auxiliary hook-ups for MP3 players. Bring your favorites!
- Glassware and bottles are strongly discouraged. Broken glass is a safety problem and will damage the floor.
- Life jackets are provided. It is up to the parent if they wish their children to wear one on captained cruises. Children under 13 must wear a jacket on non-captained cruises.
- Wheelchair accessibility is available on most boats. Please contact us for special needs.